Architect/historian Stephane Kirkland flew in from Paris to deliver the keynote speech for this year’s INDesign Awards, a flawless trip thanks to a sponsorship by Uniglobe Associated Travel (and arranged personally by owner Robbie Bush). The appearance by the author of Paris Reborn was timed to offer a historical perspective on the importance of great design in urban planning as Lafayette Consolidated Government enters the final phases of the first-ever comprehensive plan for parish growth. LCG’s comp plan received the 2014 INDesign INNOV8tion Award, and a first-ever INDesign Lifetime Achievement Award was given to Edna Perkins in memoriam for the contributions her late husband Dave made to Lafayette’s contemporary landscape. Fourteen projects received recognition for excellence in residential and commercial design. The event is part of The IND Monthly Lecture Series, presented annually by IberiaBank. Additional sponsors include Paul Michael Company, Tops Appliances and Cabinetry and Van Eaton & Romero Realty.
1. Deborah Mooney, Ashley Geary, Laura Byrd, Jerry Ramsay and Melanie Lunn
2. Fielding James, Amy Castro, Austin Hebert and Shari Saloom
3. Jacqueline Dieudonné, Kevin Domingue, Robbie Bush and Arnaud Dieudonné
4. David Beverly, Greg Walls, Gil Zaunbrecher, Ashlie Latiolais and Edson Davis
5. David Allain, John Maak, Charles Beazley, Vasavi Veerina, Albert Moliere III and Donald Breaux
6. Lorayn Guidroz, Todd Zimmerman and Sarah Moss
7. Nate Lewczynski, Joanna Greiner and Bailey Caldwell
8. Tom Sammons, Charles Beazley, Edna Perkins, Don Breaux, Jim Ziler and Lynn Guidry
9. Darrin Bleakley, Dale Bourgeouis, Melanie Blasingame, Sherry Latour, Joey Hebert and David Broussard
10. Adam Beazley, John Maak, Ruth Ann Menutis, Aimee Broussard, Ashley Berthelot, Albert Moliere III and Charles Beasley
LAGCOE’s Spotlight on Energy Innovation, held at the Acadiana Center for the Arts in late April, provided insight into local companies’ contributions to oil and gas exploration and production. Attendees, who also got valuable insight into how UL is preparing the industry’s future leaders, learned about cutting-edge technologies from 3rd Dimension Media (Everything Energy App), C&C Technologies (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle), Cimation (Cimation University Online Training Solution) and the UL Lafayette School of Engineering. Ruffino’s on the River provided complimentary appetizers, and Sophie P Cakes served dessert.
1. Art Kleiner, David Connell and Andy Dye
2. Dr. Mark Zappi and Claire Thom
3. Thomas Chance and Angela Cring
4. Adam Crotty, Sundeep Goel and Chris Gonzalez