Three Acadiana companies and two local non-profit organizations were chosen as the area’s top innovators, having best showcased their innovative spirit in 2013. On April 29, C & C Technologies, HIT Fitness, R3 Sciences, the Acadiana Symphony Association and the United Way of Acadiana will take home 2014 INNOV8 Awards, a program sponsored by the Greater Lafayette Chamber of Commerce.
The INNOV8 Awards Luncheon features author Steven Johnson as keynote speaker. Johnson's writings have influenced everything from cutting-edge ideas in urban planning to the battle against 21st-century terrorism.
• C&C Technologies won for its Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Project. The Lafayette-based company pioneered the world’s first commercially operated deepwater Autonomous Underwater Vehicle for oil and gas exploration.
|HJ Adams’ HIT Fitness is a
2014 INNOV8 Award winner
• HJ Adams’ HIT Fitness of Lafayette focuses on functional movements based on agility, balance and core stability using unconventional and innovative training tools. HIT Fitness pushes clients to exceed their limitations and achieve goals in only 45 minutes.
• Local researchers with R3 Sciences, a division of Enersciences Holdings, have successfully produced commercial grade methanol in a continuous flow pilot system using a novel liquid, homogenous catalytic process.
• Acadiana Symphony Orchestra’s “Do-Re-ME!” is a music-based, early language and literacy development program provided this year to preschoolers aged 4 to 5 years old at Truman Montessori Elementary in Lafayette Parish. The program uses music and movement to instill early language and literacy concepts in a fun and accessible way.
• United Way of Acadiana’s “The Leader In Me” is based on Stephen Covey’s the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. “The Leader in Me” is a school-wide process that transforms the culture of the school and instills students with the key skills that businesses and educators identified as a vital for success in the 21st century.
The luncheon will highlight INNOV8 2014, a week-long event designed to showcase, educate, connect and inspire innovators. From April 23 to 30, venues across Lafayette will be packed with stimulating events and renowned speakers. Programs will range from architecture, city planning, music and culinary to health care, manufacturing, energy and steam punk. Visit INNOV8Lafayette.com for details.